The grocery store serving Fort Langley has gone through several name changes. The first store, built in 1897, was know as Coulter Berry. Other stores followed including Tommy’s Market, Lucky Dollar, Link’s Hardware and IGA, and the Fort Supply Company which was the name in 1975 when the Lee family took over. More recently the store was named Fort IGA until it was destroyed by fire in 2011.
After a lot of thought, the Lee family has decided to carry on business under the “Lee’s Market” name. This allows their new store to support more local suppliers and carry a wider variety of natural products. Lee’s Market will bring a new, fresh and exciting concept to the community of Fort Langley. The Lee family, along with the Lee’s Market team, is very excited to start serving and supporting the community they love.
Opening day is getting closer. Please stay tuned for the announcement of the official opening of Lee’s Market.